Habitat for Humanity ReStore of Durham and Orange Counties
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Director
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a certified employer of the Durham Living Wage Project.
Habitat for Humanity is an international non-profit whose mission is to help build or repair simple, decent houses in partnership with those in need. Since the mid-1980’s, the local affiliates of Durham and Orange counties have built more than 650 houses and another 370 internationally. A lot of the funds to build houses come from the profits of the ReStore.
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore seeks an enthusiastic self-starter to support the marketing, advertising and communications efforts of a high volume thrift store. This person will take steps to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and create public awareness and education of the non-profit’s mission.
Advertising and Social Media
· Daily updating of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
· Public speaking at public relation events.
· Research for and implement special event activity include trade fairs and shows.
· Building strong relationships with partners including finding ways to co-promote our organizations.
· Assist with management and maintenance of RestoreDurhamOrange.org including content development.
· Research and implement various forms of advertising.
· Draft press materials including press releases and media advisories.
· Conduct press outreach to pitch stories, maximize media coverage, and enhance the ReStore’s visibility in the community.
Writing and Reports
· Development and implementation of annual marketing plan.
· Development of quarterly newsletter and direct mail.
· Creation and update published material.
· Assist the Director in staff and volunteer related communications.
· Create and maintain a digital catalog of all photos.
· Catalog and organize all advertising.
· Manage all marketing materials and related inventory levels.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated professional event management with successful outcomes.
- Exceptional organizational and resource management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects to completion and within deadline.
- Strong computer skills with a high level of proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize.
- Works well independently and in team settings.
- Displays effectiveness working within budget constraints.
To apply: Send cover letter and resume in PDF format to Bonnie Ashley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: August 30, 2015 or until filled
Compensation: 33-35K depending upon experience plus fully compensated benefits
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham, Inc is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.