Position Title: Donations Driver
Reports to: Store Manager
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a certified employer of the Durham Living Wage Project.
The primary purpose of this position is to pick up donated inventory by using our box trucks and then delivering the donations back to the ReStore.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Drives trucks in order to pick up large items to be donated to the store and ensures proper loading and unloading of these items.
- Ensures compliance with donation acceptance criteria while on the truck and in the receiving area.
- Communicates effectively with donors regarding our processes, policies, and the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Keeps all restricted areas clear of any items in the warehouse.
- Keeps the warehouse and donation center clean, organized, and safe.
- Maintains all supplies and communicates supply needs to management.
- Possess the ability to have grace and humor under pressure.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license for 5 years and a 3-year, clean driving record.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoys working with a wide variety of people in many different situations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and to operate a variety of power tools.
- Ability to prioritize work, to think critically, and keep a safe workspace.
- Ability to handle and diffuse challenging situations with tact.
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership skills with a team attitude.
- Ability to lead and supervise volunteers, ensuring both volunteers and customers are having an excellent experience.
Starting compensation: Full Time: $10.50/hour plus full benefits (after 90 days employees will receive a significant salary increase based on performance and experience of $13.00/hour)
To apply, download and fill out a Habitat for Humanity ReStore Employee Application and email it to Chrissy Sailstad, CSailstad@restoredurhamorange.org, or return it to the store. Attach a resume if possible.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.