The ReStore is hiring:
To apply, download and fill out a Habitat for Humanity ReStore Employee Application and email it to Chrissy Sailstad, CSailstad@restoredurhamorange.org, or return it to the store. Attach a resume if possible.
Position Title: Donations Coordinator
Reports to: Store Manager
The Donations Coordinator will support the ReStore by providing outstanding customer service to our donors. From professionally answering the phone, to scheduling pickups, to following up and thanking donors, the Donations Coordinator will create the best possible interaction with the ReStore and the donation experience.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Schedule pickups for large donations in a timely and efficient manner
• Provide exemplary customer service including prompt handling of phone calls and emails and timely acknowledgment of donations
• Articulate the mission of Habitat for Humanity in a manner which will engage donors
• Communicate to appropriate staff members concerning the quantity of donations
• Monitor truck routes and stops through use of GPS monitoring software
• Track truck maintenance
• Communicate ideas for process improvement
• Coordinate accurate records of donor information, as well as donations
• Provide timely reports of donor activity and demographic information
• Conduct research
• Adhere to guidelines regarding acceptable donations
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, web, database)
• Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Have an interest in Habitat’s mission and in non-profit work
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to reject donations in a manner that keeps donors engaged
• Have an energetic and professional attitude
• Detail oriented
• Be comfortable speaking with a wide range of people
• Ability to learn quickly and use insights to manage new situations effectively
• Delegation skills
• Knowledge of a retail environment
• Highly organized
• Professional telephone skills
• Professional email skills
To apply: send cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: $12-$13 per hour plus full benefits
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Spend a year of service with Durham Habitat as an AmeriCorps member, starting August 2017.
We are currently seeking 8 Construction Crew Leaders to build new homes, repair existing homes, and lead teams of volunteers. No construction experience required; must be flexible and eager to learn! We are also seeking one VISTA member to build capacity at the ReStore. All members qualify for health insurance and childcare benefits as well as a $5,730 education award upon successful completion of their service. Durham Habitat provides $250/mo. housing allowance in addition to the living stipend provided by AmeriCorps. For more information or to apply, email email@example.com.