Sales Floor Associate
Position Title: Sales Floor Associate (Full-Time and Part-Time positions available)
Reports to: Store Manager
Our Sales Floor Associates must have strong customer service and a firm understanding of the Habitat for Humanity mission in order to be successful.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Handles customer service inquiries and concerns through complete knowledge of product locations and functionality.
- Handles payments for merchandise through a cash register.
- Ability to work varied hours/days including weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ensures customers have all required items and needs are met while consistently driving sales.
- Effectively communicates to management team concerning sales activity that may deplete inventory on Sales Floor.
- Ensures communication with Manager on Duty to receive daily goals.
- Organizes/transports materials or supplies within store using hand trucks.
- Maintains store cleanliness and organization throughout the day.
- Follows all safety requirements of the Habitat ReStore, local, State and Federal jurisdictions.
- Provides immediate assistance to customers as requested.
- Ability to meet established productivity or sales goals.
- Additional duties as directed by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Education or Equivalent Experience: High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- Cashier experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated.
- Specific physical characteristics and abilities are required to perform duties such as agility, dexterity and long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying or lifting supplies and equipment.
Starting compensation: $9.50/hour plus paid time off (There is also a 90 day probationary period at which point the employee's salary will move to $10.83)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.