Habitat ReStore of Durham and Orange Counties
Position Title: Volunteer Manager
Reports to: Store Director
The primary goal of the Volunteer Manager is to ensure that the volunteer resources meet the needs of the ReStore and its strategies. In pursuit of this goal, the Volunteer Manager will scale up volunteer participation enabling the ReStore to fulfill its objectives and make the ReStore the volunteer experience of choice. This position’s success will ultimately result in volunteers with a deeper engagement and commitment to Habitat for Humanity and the mission of building homes and hope in our communities, as well as, helping our environment.
This is a 40+ hour a week position that will include most Saturdays. Day off during the week is flexible.
Recruitment, Retention and Recognition:
· Maintain community partnerships that foster referrals to the ReStore’s volunteer program.
· Recruit, screen, interview and train new volunteers.
· Manage recruitment postings on ReStore’s website and on community websites.
· Conduct outreach at community events to recruit a diverse pool of volunteers.
· Ensure all new volunteers are on-boarded appropriately into the ReStore’s volunteer program by:
o Hosting regular Welcome Sessions;
o Assisting in the scheduling of a volunteer’s first shift;
o Understand what skills sets they have an guide them to appropriate positions.
· Respond in a timely manner to all volunteer inquiries.
· Keep an open door to volunteer questions and concerns.
· Effectively address disciplinary situations through verbal feedback to documentation to dismissal.
· Build and grow relationships with regular, role volunteers on a daily basis.
· Communicate relevant ReStore and Affiliate information to volunteers including, but not limited to, the production of a monthly newsletter.
· Plan and execute volunteer recognition events (at least 2 annually).
· Reward regular, role volunteers for significant numbers of hours and years served and for exceptional performance.
· Recognize volunteers monthly by nominating them for our Volunteer Spotlight and putting together the package.
· Create and review the Volunteer Individualized Program (VIP) for all of our special needs volunteers.
· Report volunteer time, as necessary, to community partners.
· Keep accurate records of volunteer numbers and time.
· Keep volunteer handouts and forms up-to-date.
· Manage volunteer schedules through online scheduling software.
· Enter volunteer information into database programs and maintain volunteer paperwork.
· Prepare regular reports for the Director on the status of the program.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
· Bachelor’s degree in social service-related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and cloud based technology.
· The ability to communicate with, supervise and empower volunteers to be effective in their roles—experience with volunteers preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse populations (age, race, socioeconomic, faith, etc.).
· Experience with conflict resolution.
· Positive, can-do attitude even in the face of challenges.
· Detailed oriented.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Ability to adapt and collaborate in an ever-changing environment.
Please apply with a PDF cover letter and resume to the Director of the ReStore, Bonnie Ashley at email@example.com. Resumes will be accepted through 6/30/15 or until filled.
Compensation: $33-$35K based on experience, also included is a fully compensated benefits package.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
HFH is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.