Position Title: Warehouse Coordinator
Reports to: Store Manager
The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a certified employer of the Durham Living Wage Project.
The primary purpose of this position is to process, price, and make available for sale all donated inventory. Maintain a clean and safe work environment in a typical warehouse setting. Additionally, some donated inventory will be picked up using our box trucks.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
- Drives truck in order to pick up large items to be donated to the store and ensures proper loading and unloading of these items.
- Ensures compliance with donations acceptance criteria while on the truck and in receiving area.
- Communicates well with donors regarding our processes, policies, and the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Cleans, tests, and prices all donated items in the receiving area and ensures proper placement of these items onto the sales floor.
- Researches prices to ensure the store receives the most amount of money from a donation.
- Maintains all tools in good working order in warehouse and keeps them organized.
- Keeps all restricted areas clear of any items in the warehouse.
- Keep warehouse and donation center free of trash, clean, organized, and safe.
- Maintain all supplies and communicate supply needs to management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred, but not required.
- Valid driver’s license and 3 year clean driving record (a non-certified copy will be needed upon offer).
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic. Enjoy working with a wide variety of people and situations.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. unassisted and to operate a variety of power tools.
- Ability to prioritize work, to think critically, and keep a safe workspace.
- Ability to handle and diffuse challenging situations with tact
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership skills with a team attitude.
- Ability to lead and supervise volunteers, ensuring both volunteers and customers have an excellent experience.
Starting compensation: $9.50/hour plus full benefits (90 day probationary period at this salary at which point will move to $10.83)
To apply, fill out an application and return it to the store. Attach a resume if possible or fill out the form below.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Habitat for Humanity of Durham, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.